Hello,
At Tuesday 06 March 2012 16:42:01 DaB. wrote:
> On 05/03/12 15:20, DaB. wrote:
> > In puppet (our server-managment-programm) I have now a HUGE list of
> > liberies  and software to install for the solaris-server – but the names
> > of the packages does not match with the debian-package-names of course.
> > I would need weeks to figure out what belongs to what – I do not have to
> > time (and to admit: also not the motivation) to do this.
>
> Is the list available somewhere, to crowdsource the mapping?
> (the plan of starting from basic things looks good, too)

at the moment the puppet-stuff is not public, because it contains some
passwords, but I published the software-files at [1] (only the parts for
solaris is interesting here). Please only put packages at [2] that you realy
need or where you are realy sure that other people will need it.

> > At the end, only the following stuff will remain at willow:
> > *tools of people who are <s>too lazy</s>too busy to move their stuff
> > *tools which can not run on Debian for some reasons
> > *tools of users who left the TS
>
> Remember that some TS-specific programs like setpass or acctrenew can
> only work in Solaris. They don't seem hard to rewrite, but it's
> something to keep into account.

yes.

Sincerley,
DaB.

[1] http://toolserver.org/~dab/puppet/
[2] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/User:Dab/Debian-Packages

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885