On 04/30/2013 11:02 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> It would help if the Labs folks could better explain
> _why_ cross-database joins won't be supported (I think most developers
> would agree with the reasoning) and offer better guidance and
> documentation for how to work around this hurdle. (For example, what is a
> federated table?)

That's a very good point, MZM.  That said, no small part of the reason
we haven't given a great deal of explanation on how the alternatives
will work is that we're not entirely certain what for those alternatives
will take yet - at least in the detail.

I think you're right that the developper community needs at least /some/
explanation sooner rather than later; even if it's a big picture that's
lacking in detail.  I'll try to write up something this week on that topic.

-- Marc