Hi,

Am 25.12.2013 22:45, schrieb Marlen Caemmerer:

> On Wed, 25 Dec 2013, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:

>> Last I heard, the plan is to decommission and donate all the hardware.
>>
>> If WMDE wants, the Foundation can take the domain and keep the redirects
>> up indefinitely so that old links remain valid.

as the domain registrar I may add that this has already been discussed
with me. We are prepared to transfer the domain if needed. But there are
also alternatives:

> This is what we planned and why amette implemented the htaccess variant.
> You can put it into your home and even if you remove all your stuff with
> burnbridges the htaccess file will stay there if it has a labs url in it.
> WMF can get the files and the domain and host the redirects.

We may either keep one simple webserver running and point the old domain
there in order to maintain redirects of the old URLs to the new scripts.
We could also move this late to another server, eg. of Wikimedia CH
which I could provide, so we can decomission the toolserver completely
and save costs and management time while still maintain the redirects.

/Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch