Manuel Schneider <manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch> wrote:

> [...]

>> This is what we planned and why amette implemented the htaccess variant.
>> You can put it into your home and even if you remove all your stuff with
>> burnbridges the htaccess file will stay there if it has a labs url in it.
>> WMF can get the files and the domain and host the redirects.

> We may either keep one simple webserver running and point the old domain
> there in order to maintain redirects of the old URLs to the new scripts.
> We could also move this late to another server, eg. of Wikimedia CH
> which I could provide, so we can decomission the toolserver completely
> and save costs and management time while still maintain the redirects.

I'm currently working on puppetizing tools-webproxy and the
redirect server is just a few extra lines of configuration.
So no servers outside of Labs are needed.

What would be interesting is a mail forwarder for the exist-
ing toolserver.org addresses as a) WMF may be hesitant to
provide this and b) mails with the senders' assumption on
them being forwarded in Amsterdam instead being relayed in
the US could be the source for endless drama.

Tim