WLBZ AM radio 620 KHZ. in Bangor, Maine  in the early 1960's had a reduction in
the ground wave signal
most noticeable over 40 miles.  We  found the radial connections installed in
the 1920's were in tough shape.
Ran new radials and inter-connected with silver solder. After the work was
could copy the station ~130 miles distant in Portland Maine on a car radio.
PS remember how long those old car radio antennas were? hi