Yes, I agree with everything you state Atanas. I am aware that OWLIM
covers a different subset of OWL than Pellet. I was calling it a DL
engine since it covers a (significant) subset of OWL DL including
owl:someValuesFrom. But right, formally OWL DL is more and OWLIM and
other rule-based engines do not support the whole OWL DL spec. Having
said this I can confirm from our project experience that in practice
the use cases for OWL DL are very limited. Most people actually seem
to either work with a subset of OWL Lite (or even RDFS) or OWL Full.

Holger