Hi Holger,

Thanks for the response.  I thought that might be the answer but I had
to ask J!

Tim

From: topbraid-composer-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:topbraid-composer-us...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Holger
Knublauch
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:05 PM
To: topbraid-composer-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: [tbc-users] Re: Creating a SPARQL Endpoint for a Webservice

Hi Tim,

it sounds like you are asking for something similar to D2RQ but for an
XML web service. D2RQ represents a virtual RDF graph that is populated
at query time. What you would need is a virtual RDF graph that reacts on
incoming SPO queries by issuing web service calls.

Out of the box I don't see how our current platform supports such
scenarios. There are, as you have figured out, SPARQLMotion mechanisms
to call web services and convert their result into RDF, but these are
just individual calls and what's missing is some way of triggering such
scripts for all 8 combinations of SPO arguments. I need to think more
about how this could work - definitely an interesting topic!

        1.       User starts TB/Ensemble and opens the Person ontology.

        2.       User selects Person class

        3.       User types a name into the Surname property in the
search box and presses Search.

This would require a virtual RDF graph (or SPARQL end point) as
described above. There is no way to trigger a specific SM script in
response to a search and we have no plan to support that.

        A second scenario is:

        1.       User enters a name as a parameter to the SM script
which then returns the matching people as RDF.

        2.       User drags an instance of Person onto the query builder
(FYI... dragging as described does not work in 3.0 Beta)

Yes, drag and drop is currently being worked on.

I have put a feature request for such SM scripts to our bug tracker. The
only work-around right now is to create a static copy of your web
service data (as a batch operation) and then to run your queries against
that local copy. I am not sure whether this is feasible for you, and how
frequently you would need to update that copy.

Holger