On 8/05/2018 11:48, Rob Atkinson wrote:

OK some progress:

The file that shows the expected class hierarchy in EDG has some TBC generated inferences:

prov:Activity
  rdfs:subClassOf owl:Thing ;
.

These should not be in the source files.

If i remove these - it seems to select one subclass tree from the imported model - it seems to ignore other subclasses.

here is a test file:

# baseURI: http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_prov_out2/

@prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
@prefix prov: <http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .

<http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_prov_out2/>
  rdf:type owl:Ontology ;
  owl:imports prov: ;
.

<http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza>
  rdf:type prov:Entity ;
  rdfs:label "Pizza.OWL " ;
.

this shows only the prov:SoftwareAgent and two subclasses of it in the Class navigator.

Ok, I was about to respond... right, the class tree in the SWA applications needs to use asserted rdfs:subClassOf triples - the automated inferences that TBC makes are not visible.

on another front:

file 1( which shoiws correct class hierarchy in EDG, but doesnt show imports in TBC )

TBC assigned a default baseURI file:///C:/repos/surround/provrules/pizza_example/out/pizza_prov_out.ttl

when I change this in the baseURI and named Ontology in the file to:
http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_prov_out/

TBC then displayed import correctly.

I guess the owl:imports statements were dangling off the <http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/pizza/pizza_prov_out/> resource which was not identical to the declared base URI. It seems that you have fixed that.

Holger

(I still need to allocate time for your other, longer, email)