Den 2018-04-03 kl. 15:55, skrev Israel:
On 04/03/2018 02:34 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2018-04-02 kl. 19:24, skrev Israel:
Hey everyone,

I decided to make a background image for ToriOS 2.0 since we have used
the same artwork for a long time.  I updated the last one when we made
the Jessie ISO to be more muted looking, and decided to make this one,
let me know what you think

https://github.com/Israel-D/torios-core/blob/master/backgrounds/default-2.0.jpg

Hi Israel,

You made a nice background image :-)

It looks good but is big, 3,7 MiB, and there are sharp edges between
the small mosaic plates, which might make icons difficult to see (if
there is not enough colour contrast).

-o-

Some years ago I made background images with a smooth grey single
colour and the ToriOS symbol in red. Those image files of mine are
very small, and they make icons and text easy to see. You find them at

http://phillw.net/isos/linux-tools/torios/wallpapers/

default_1280x1024_character.png
default_1600x1200_character.png
default_1920x1080_character.png
default_1920x1200_character.png

If only one file, the last one might be used as standard (size=31kiB)

$ wc -c default_1920x1200_character.png
31703 default_1920x1200_character.png

Best regards
Nio

Hi Nio,

I really like texture in my backgrounds, so the plain ones are something
that are not my favorite style... it is why I edited the original ToriOS
background to have more texture.  I know some people really like that so
I would be glad to include it as well.

I updated the image based on your suggestions, as well.  I smoothed
things drastically, and reduced the image quality to get the file to 39 KiB.

I personally would like to offer a few options for images in ToriOS.
So, I am re-exporting the original at a lower quality (37.9 KiB compared
to 187.3 KiB)

So, default 1.0, default 2.0 and Nio default would still be smaller all
together than the original.  Do you think this is a good idea?  I think
we can offer more for our users this way, and still decrease the overall
size

Hi Israel,

Yes, it is a good idea generally. But if including 3 images will make the size exceed some size limit, it is better to have only one image in the default package (the tarball).

Best regards
Nio