Hi Stefan,

You might recall we had a similar discussion quite a while
back. https://groups.google.com/g/tortoisesvn/c/SEzMVnRPEZo/m/3bCYH1R_CQAJ

I'm only now looking at this again. Whether good or bad, scoop package
manager doesn't necessarily execute the .msi file, but rather just extracts
the files in the .msi package using LessMSI (some caveats around this, but
assume this is true).

tortoisesvn is already included in the scoop repo
( https://github.com/ScoopInstaller/Extras/blob/master/bucket/tortoisesvn.json
), but no other Tortoise client exists and I'm trying to add more, starting
with TortoiseGIT. I've already added the package
at
https://github.com/igitur/scoop-extras/blob/add-tortoisegit/bucket/tortoisegit.json

, but because the .msi file is just extracted, the overlay icons *are* in
fact duplicated on my machine. I can see them in these directories:

- d:\scoop\apps\tortoisesvn\current\Common\TortoiseOverlays\
- d:\scoop\apps\tortoisegit\current\Common\TortoiseOverlays\

At any given moment, I can't be sure which of these versions are actually
registered in the registry. I'm trying to improve this by creating an
explicit tortoiseoverlays package on which other Tortoise clients will
depend. This is the way of scoop package manager. I know you don't approve,
but for us that like scoop, I don't see another way to accommodate multiple
Tortoise clients. I accept the risks that you mention. For example, I know
that mixing installations via scoop and traditional methods will possibly
break some instances.

So, all I'm looking for (if it exists) is a readily available archive of
all the icon sets that I can download and extract once the new
tortoiseoverlays scoop package is installed. There are many workarounds,
including cloning the entire git mirror and copying only the icons, but
that is using a nuclear warhead to hit in a nail.

Please help me out or tell me if such an archive isn't available.

thanks
Francois