Hi Emma and others,

I worked on OpenHatch for a number of years so it's cool that folks are still
using the materials.

Sharing with Emma and others, a slide deck (consider it public domain) that I
have used with complete beginners that uses my opinionated git workflow for
open source. It's the workflow that I have found that minimizes merge conflicts
(I rarely have one merge conflict a month and I'm a pretty active developer).
The keys to avoid the merge conflicts is to always do new development on a
feature branch and to be consistent with naming of remotes.

Emma, please ping me if you have any questions or want an extra review when
creating your course.

Warmly,

Carol

Carol Willing

Research Software Engineer
Project Jupyter at Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo
@willingc on GitHub and @willingcarol on Twitter
willi...@gmail.com and cawil...@calpoly.edu

Signature Strengths
Empathy - Relator - Ideation - Strategic - Learner