So, when I flash ota4 then use system settings to update to ota5,
fbphotos is 1.26 (correct from the custom tarball).

However, this user had fbphotos 1.24 after OTA update..

So yeah, I guess they installed 1.24 from store (which perhaps should
not be allowed since it is a lower version than 1.26 from ota5).

What was internally reproduced:
1) install ota4

        ubuntu-device-flash \
        --revision 23 \
        touch \
        --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en \
        --wipe --bootstrap \
        --device krillin \
        --developer-mode --password=1111 \
        --recovery-image ~/bzr/recovery-images/krillin/recovery.img

2. check fbphoto revision:
        click list | grep fbphoto => 1.23

3. U1 creds ->  Install fbphotos 1.24 from store

4. reboot

5.  install OTA5 from  settings.

6. check fbphoto version

        click list | grep fbphoto => 1.24
         But it *should* be 1.26

So it seems the custom tarball fails to update to higher version when
the click was installed from the store.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to click in Ubuntu.

  OTA update: lower user click not updated by custom tarball higher
  click

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in click package in Ubuntu:

  A user in the field has OTA5 installed. But one click in OTA 5
  (com.canonical.scopes.fbphotos_fbphotos 1.26) did not get updated and
  is at the pre OTA5 version: 1.24.

  Expectations: if OTA custom tarball has a higher version click package
  than the user's, that higher click package is installed.