Soulkeeper;686543 Wrote:
> If I had a suitable car, I would consider an SB Touch solution for
> everyday use. I would probably rely on a carputer with an SSD disk to
> run LMS and serve the audio to the Touch via Ethernet, though.

I gave some thought to doing this. But only briefly.

If you have a carputer, you're most likely going to have a 7"
touchscreen monitor mounted in the dash. Kinda like the Touch, except
bigger. Most mini-ITX motherboards that you'd use to build the computer
have onboard audio. Add SqueezePlay software and you have everything you
need to emulate the Touch on the computer that's in the car. For better
sound quality you can even use an outboard DAC fed either by USB or
optical S/PDIF, which can also be found on many mini-ITX motherboards.

It's fairly straightforward to take the template for the Touch's 480 x
272 screen and adapt it to fit the 800 x 480 resolution of 7" car
touchscreens. Then you have a full-screen touch interface that's larger
than that on the Touch and easier to both see and control in a moving
car.

--
JJZolx