miab wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have time to read all 120 pages (my 3 small kids keep me
> from sitting for more than 2 minutes) but what is the consensus on
> running EDO with or without tt3.0? For sending audio over usb as opposed
> to spdif does it make a difference?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I did some testing on this a few months ago and found that with some
DACs parts of TT3.0 made a significant improvement and other parts made
no difference, and some parts made it not work at all, in particular
some USB DACs don't work with the small buffer sizes TT3.0 uses by
default.

Other DACs didn't seem to be affected much at all by TT3.0.

I tried a couple DACs that have both S/PDIF and USB input and found that
different TT3.0 settings give the best results for  different inputs.

So as with just about everything else in digital audio, try it yourself
and see what you like the best!

John S.