There are pros and cons to using ReplayGain.

First, to my ear it does a mediocre job of volume leveling. I still use
the volume control to adjust, far more than I would expect.

Another big disadvantage is that if you also listen to streaming radio
or services like MOG, then having ReplayGain enabled just makes the
volume difference between streaming and local content all the more
pronounced. I'd say 95% of my music has a negative RG value, much of it
pretty significant. Find a suitable volume for something with -10dB
ReplayGain, then switch to MOG and you'll be blown out of the room.