thehague wrote:
> Thanks for looking into this. Re your questions: please bear in mind
> English is not my native language (I'm from The Netherlands) and my LMS
> is a Dutch version. I hope I make myself understood nonetheless.
>
> 1) I just tick the boxes for music files, not for other media.
> 2) In LMS I browse for the chosen drives / folders and make them visible
> in LMS. E.g. "E\music"; "H\"; "J\"; "K\";  "L\"; "M\music".  I can't
> think of anything, it just happened overnight.
>
> The last thing that occurred is LMS terminating the last scan, stating
> this error in the scanner logfile: "Failed when running main scan:
> [D:\4423e5bdd567c19fbc269f06bb: Invalid argument at
> /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\scanner.exe>File/Next.pm line 217." I
> don't know what this means. There seems something terribly wrong.
>
> Btw it's bedtime here. Tomorrow I will put some screenshots here to show
> what setting I have chosen.
1) You tick the boxes, but do you put in a path for the music folder(s)?
If you don't specify a path then it's no surprise that LMS would scan
everything. Normally users specify the path to the music files.

2) Normally when users spread their music library across multiple drives
or partitions in Windows they use a Windows shortcut in one of the
folders to point to the music folders on the other drives. So, for
example, if your music on the local hard drive is in "C:\Music" you
would have shortcuts in C:\Music that point to the music folders on
"E:\music", "G:\", "H:\", etc.

3) From your description I'm more surprised that it was working before!

Groetjes (that's about the extent of my Dutch).