Well, now. I did some listening tests between FLAC and WAVE and I
couldn't believe how inferior sounding the FLAC was in comparison. It
just hit me right away, in no time at all. I figured they would either
sound the same or one MIGHT sound better than the other, but it would
take me some time to differentiate...Nope. Plain and simple...FLAC's (at
least via TinySBS) don't sound nearly as good. They have a congested
sound about them. I have no bias for WAVE or FLAC's. In fact I wanted
the FLAC to 'win' so I could put twice as many files on my SD cards.

To nip it in the bud, I had a friend come over and he played the FLAC or
WAVE version of each track, without telling me. He played each track 4
times each, and I could pick it off every time.