2string1 wrote:
> I'm sure it's been asked. Maybe even by me. I can't remember. Any
> advantage in using a higher end ethernet cable to the Touch. Cat ? would
> be the best?

THATS NOT HOW THINGS WORK [/B]. THE ADVANTAGE IS PURELY ON THE SELLER
THEY GET YOUR MONEY

LOOK AMONG NORMAL DATA CABLES FROM THE LIKES OF BELDEN (VIA FOR EXAMPLE
BLUE JEAN CABLE FOR SMALL QUANTITIES )  FOR WHOLE HOUSE WIRING . OR DO
SOME RESEARCH ON WHAT’S AVAILABLE LOCALLY : GET A TESTER IF YOU DIY YOUR
CABLES .

I ACTUALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT I HAVE , I HAVE WHAT WAS IN THE WALLS WHEN I
MOVED IN HERE , THE SHORTER PATCHES FROM SWITCHES ARE SOME NO NAME
PATCHCABLES BUT THEY ARE CAT6 OR CAT5E .

BUT THE MAXIMUM LENGTH IS 100M FOR CAT CABLES , IF YOU GOT LONGER PATHS
PUT  A SWITCH IN-BETWEEN .

I HAVE A SWITCH AT THE ENDPIONTS OF MY NETWORK ONE IN THE OFFICE O,NE IN
THE WALK IN CLOSET WHERE MY ROUTER AND STUFF SITS AND ONE SWITCH IN THE
HIFI SETUP . TO SPLIT TO THE TOUCH AND THE SMART TV AND OTHER FUTURE
NETWORKED STUFF .

[B]HOW THINGS DO WORK .

Look here
http://archimago.blogspot.se/2015/02/measurements-intercontinental-internet.html

And here
http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2015/02/measurements-ethernet-cables-and-audio.html

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )