Folks:

Thanks to your great info, I'm making progress :)! So far, I have:

-- bought and installed new powerline network adapters (the new ones
claim to have faster throughput rates than our old ones), including one
that my audio PC system is wired to;

-- updated my audio PC's LMS to 7.9.1 (and installed the Windows Visual
C++ runtime libraries, to fix a "can't start LMS 'cause vcruntime140.dll
is missing" problem that cropped up);

-- updated the firmware in my bedroom SBT from 7.7.3 to 7.8.0;

-- installed the Spotty and EDO plug-ins (gotta copy the one hi-res
album I own onto the hard drive, to test EDO; I also must set up TIDAL
and Spotify accounts to try those out).

There is one problem (for now... :o) that I haven't been able to solve:
I can't get the bedroom SBT connected to the audio PC/LMS system, even
though they should all be on the same network. The symptoms/observations
are:

-- the bedroom SBT will play radio streams, but tells me that it can't
connect to LMS whenever I try to switch to the PC/LMS system (its
diagnostics tell me that Ethernet is connected, and that wireless is
not. To verify that, I pulled out the SBT-network router Ethernet cable
while listening to a Web radio stream--the sound stopped. When I
re-connected that cable, the station's sound returned once the network
connection was re-established);

-- when I brought the bedroom SBT to the living room and Ethernetted it
to the audio PC system for updating its firmware, it showed that Spotty
was installed on the PC; when I brought it back to the bedroom and
re-connected it to the router, it no longer listed Spotty in "My Apps";

--when I open LMS on the audio PC, it shows the presence of the living
room SBT in both the Web interface and in Settings. However, the only
sign of the bedroom SBT is in the Web interface, where it is one of
three players listed (along with the living room SBT, and
mysqueezebox.com)--I assume that is a legacy of having had the bedroom
SBT cabled to the system earlier for updating its firmware. When I try
to select the bedroom SBT as the player, LMS asks if I want to switch
that SBT from its mysqueezebox.com connection--I click "yes", but
nothing effectively happens.

What am I missing, for getting my bedroom SBT "talking" to the rest of
the system?

Best wishes for 2018 to toby10, krochat, garym, slartibartfast and
mherger--and to everyone else on this great forum!
Jerome