slartibartfast wrote:
> Is there any benefit in using the Powersave plugin? The screen can be
> set to turn off when the player is stopped from the normal screensaver
> settings.
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Personal choice I guess, but Screensaver just changes the state of the
screen (on/off) or what it is displaying.

In my setup...

In LMS - I use PowerSave to turn off the player (not just the screen)
after 15 minutes paused or stopped.

On the Touch - I use
Settings/Screen/Screensavers
When Stopped - is set to Digital Clock, (which shows the clock with a
grey background)
When Off -  is set to Digital Clock (Transparent), (which shows the
clock with a black background)
Delay - is set to 30 seconds

So at a glance I can tell whether the player itself is on or off.

It is set up this way because of the intermittent crash and restart that
both the Radio and Touch can suffer from, so after they've crashed and
rebooted, those players are set to remain paused after power on and then
PowerSave turns them off after 15 minutes.

So personally I prefer player off to screen off.

In their original thread the OP mentions settings in LMS, but all the
Touch Screensaver settings are on the unit itself, this thread however
implies they are using settings on the Touch, but it's not 100% clear,
they have been asked at least 3 times to clarify exactly what settings
they are using.

If it's just the Touch Screensaver settings then Kidstypike's post #6 in
this thread is probably the one to run through.

Kev