Heuer wrote:
> No joke, just making the point that at which point do you stop. Would a
> s/h Touch (£60) be markedly improved with a £37,200 mains cable and
> would putting a MCRU PSU (£599) add or subtract?
>
> "Wow, resonance mains will shift the WHOLE performance envelope of your
> entire set up not improve aspects alone, a contextual shift in the way
> you're set up functions, removing bog-standard distortion yet without
> impact on dynamics and a sense of calm and a sense of unprecedented
> refinement and class to the whole system."
>
> I was building SB3 linear PSU's back in 2008 and know the difference
> they can make but today I would forgo the PSU and put the money into a
> Chord Qutest DAC (£700 s/h) which really ups the game

OK sorry I really thought you were jesting. Funny you should mention the
Chord Qutest DAC - I had the choice of the Qutest or an Audio Note 0.1x
(which are approx the same price s/h) - I chose the Audio Note.

So I now have the SBT connected to an AN 0.1x - and it seems that the
SBT is not holding back the music making abilities of the Audio Note;
proving yet again how good the SBT is as a reliable and rock solid
performer. Bear in mind also that the AN is a design which eschews any
digital manipulation as much as it can (filterless, NOS, simple TDA1543
chip etc) - as well as the aforementioned the AN does not re-clock the
incoming signal from the transport - so the transport has to be good!

I have heard great things about the Qutest - but I choose the AN and
thus far I feel it was a good choice (although I have not listened to
the Qutest even though I own a Mojo).