It's safe to update to the latest LMS available here:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=8.2

Other than that, I'd wait for more responses to decide what to do.  If
you only have a Touch, that message makes no sense.  The "Version
Comparison Fix" only applied to the Radio.

The current Touch firmware is  8.0.1-r16844, but the version you are
running should be fine.  If you want to update to latest firmware:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113479-Announce-Community-Firmware-for-Squeezebox-Radio-Touch-Controller-and-LMS-8

Given that you are having other issues with LMS, I'd suggest updating
both above and restoring your Touch to factory settings.  Sometimes LMS
throws an error during Windows install; just click the "Retry" button,
if this happens.