Bama214 wrote:

> When I look at the list of installed plug-ins on LMS it’s pretty
> extensive.  Do I really need all them?  Is there a recommended basic
> list of what should be there?
>
> I guess mostly I’m concerned that this giant list of installed plug-ins
> is actually working to my detriment.  I’m generally inclined toward
> simpler is better.  I appreciate all comments and help!

I also like to keep it simple and do not use a lot of plug-ins.  There
are plugins installed by default with LMS installation, but I have not
removed them because I figured there was some reason to include them.

Here are the non-default plugins I use and why:
I use Material Skin because it allows be to select music using my
android phone.

I use Youtube because on occasion, because obviously, I want to hear
something from Youtube through the LMS system. It does require some
set-up and registration through google/youtube and I had difficultly to
completely following the instructions.  However, I did manage to
complete enough to play music.  Perhaps is it my lack of knowledge or
the registration interface changed and the instructions have not been
updated.

iHeartRadio to find radio stations.

RadioNet to find radio stations.