Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakki...@linux.intel.com> wrote on 08/30/2016
06:16:11 AM:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:50:12AM -0400, Nayna Jain wrote:
> > Existing TPM2.0 support lacks the support for eventlog securityfs
file.
> > This patch adds the binary_bios_measurements to TPM2.0 eventlog
> > securityfs file.
>
> This is kind of patch set that would require very elaborate description
> how the problem was solved. I cannot really mirror the patches to
> anything (especially as the commit messages in commits are also very low
> quality).
>
> If you write bad commit messages, it leaves me worried that the quality
> is low by other measure.
>
> This is just an example but I do not know how this scales with
algorithmic
> agility.
>
> You also fail to explain how this should work with ACPI even though
> we know that there does not exist any kind for event log through ACPI
> with TPM 2.0 hardware. I.e. just by reading the commits I can obviously
> see that you are doing major untested code path changes.

That's true there there's not spec for a BIOS at the moment and I would
expect that TCG will likely not write one. Likely all vendors have moved
on to (U)EFI. We realized this also while implementing TPM 2 support for
SeaBIOS and I ended up reusing the ACPI TCPA table but adopted the EFI
specified log format with that special first entry. Can we accomodate that
?

   Stefan