Hi everyone,
  I'm having trouble getting newly created projects to use the a global
trac.ini file.

Referencing http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni, I checked my
siteconfig file and see this:

__default_conf_dir__ = '/usr/share/trac/conf'

/usr/share/trac did not contain a config folder, so I created it and
put a trac.ini file in that sets a  logo and turns on notification. For
testing purposes I've given full read access on the file.

Whenever I create a new project, none of the settings from the global
trac.ini file exist.

Can anyone help me out or point me to some more specific documentation?

Thanks!