I'm a Linux guy, so this is biased. :)  But my experience with almost
every open source app I've used/installed as a sys admin, is that very
few people put much effort into answering questions about
install/config problems on windows.  Just b/c LAMP has windows
counterparts and can work doesn't mean that it's the preferred OS.
Most developers that have an open source mindset don't have a windows
mind set.  They normally don't develop on Windows platforms, so they
don't troubleshoot the peculiarities of a LAMP stack on windows.  I
personally may know how to help solve the problem, but stop reading
when I see it running on a windows box.  I suspect others do too.  I'm
sure there are those who don't care, but for me lifes too short to be
a windows admin or troublshoot open source on windows.

Whether any of that is right or wrong remains to be seen :)

I would have to ask why you *need* to migrate from a Linux server to a
Windows one?  Also I would not migrate databases until you had it
working on the new server.  Only try to change one thing at a time,
that will make it easier to troubleshoot migration problems.

Matt P.