On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:59:21PM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Jeff Hammel <jham...@openplans.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:37:13AM -0500, Olemis Lang wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello !
> >>
> >> I'm trying to enable SVN post-commit hook via web admin . Server is
> >> Win2k3 + py 2.5 + trac 0.11.1
> >>
> >> I'm using repositoryhooksystem 0.1.1 . No matter how hard I click on
> >> enable check box, the hook's never enabled and the checkbox remains
> >> unchecked after the HTTP response is sent back to my browser.
> >
> > Click harder ;)
> >

> I did use a big hammer !
> Smash those mice up !    :P
>
> >> Nothing
> >> is reported in the log file and I can browse the source code , and so
> >> on (so should not be a problem with VCS connector or repos setup ;o)
> >>
> >> Besides TicketChanger is enabled and active but this feature doesn't
> >> work (but I suppose that's a consequence of the previous issue : how
> >> could it work if hooks are not setup ?).
> >>
> >> Does anybody has a clue ? What's happenning ? What's (could be) wrong ?
> >>
> >> Thnx in advance !
> >>

> > This is really hard to debug without server access.  Essentially, it
> > probably
> > comes from the fact that what this plugin is trying to do (parse the
> > post-commit-hook file,
>
> Empty
>
> > check for FS permissions,
>
> Well I already fixed that - it seems to fail in Windows (mknod's missing ;o).

Yeah, I not only don't know windows but don't even have access to a windows
machine.  So you might guess my plugins are not tested there.

> > etc) is pretty hard to do
> > programmatically.
>
> The SVN impl, yes .
>
> > My actual advice is to write the post-commit-hook file by hand.
> >

> Could be, but : I know nothing about the activation step (i.e. the
> hook-enabled condition) . Does anybody know what to do in order to
> make the plugin believe that it did enable the post-commit hook ?

The checkbox for enabled and all associated checks shouldn't affect the plugin
logic.  That is, if the commit hook is written correctly, whether the checkbox
says enabled or not, the plugin should work.  I have had to deal with this even
on unix.  Probably should be noted on the wiki.

> > As far as your subsequent apache issue, I haven't a clue, sorry.
> >

> Well the fact is that the plugin uses `sys.executable` in order to
> form the string for the repos hook . If using `tracd` this should be
> python exec, but when using Apache + Windows it's `httpd.exe` . That's
> something that has to be fixed ;o)

I agree.  I'll do it when I can, though I generally only get to work on plugins
that my company wants today, sadly :(