Quoting "Joseph P Villa" <jvi...@usgs.gov>:
The system has 8 cores and 16GB of memory. I'm doubting that the system is
the problem. :-)

It is running 4 Trac projects at the same time. The database is probably
around 200MB at most. Each project has it's own database.

In my very similar setup, but with Trac 0.11.7 on Debian,
opening a ticket page is < 1 s. Either Trac 0.12 is 5× slower
than 0.11 or Redhat is 5× slower than Debian :~) Kidding...

Check list to compare with my setup:
 - which db? I use PostgreSQL 8.4.9
 - which Apache/Python connection? I use mod_wsgi
 - how many tickets do you have? I have < 1000 per project
 - what about local templates? I have almost nothing

Cheers