Thanks for the input!
Ok, it was the installation of mercurial that had some strange names, but I
fixed that with creating aliases. However, I get a different error now:

*Warning:* Can't synchronize with repository "(default)" (Unsupported
version control system "hg": cannot import name hg). Look in the Trac log
for more information.

I can find nothing in the log (except saying that hg loaded). What does the
error mean? I can successfully import what you mentioned in the previous
post. Is it still a python error?