On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 2:34:20 AM UTC-8, Mo wrote:
>
> Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2016 13:28:25 UTC+1 schrieb Mo:
>>
>> All in all, also because the format=hierarchy looks better, I would 
>> prefer the real subwiki approach, changing the Index page to 
>> format=hierarchy.
>>
>
> My current Index page:
>
> [[TitleIndex(format=hierarchy,min=1)]]
>
> I prefer the real subwiki approach like Projects/Foo/Roadmap, as it allows 
> browsing from child wikis up to parent wikis.
>
> format=hierarchy has the advantage that subwikis don't repeat the complete 
> wiki path, looking better:
>
> Projects
> Projects-common
>     ProductionServers
> Projects
>     Hss
>         Roadmap
>     Sub
>         Roadmap
>
> I created also Wikis for the parent wikis, but the index does not 
> hyperlink the parents but adds aditional "Projects" wiki. This is a bug, no?
>
> Switching to format=group, the issue is the same, plus the very 
> unattractive repeating of the whole wiki path:
>
> - Projects
> - Projects-common/ProductionServers
> - *Projects*
>    
>    - *Hss*
>       - Projects/Hss
>       - Projects/Hss/Roadmap
>    - *Sub*
>       - Projects/Sub
>       - Projects/Sub/Roadmap
>    
>
I can reproduce. The issue looks like a defect, but please search existing 
tickets before creating a new ticket.


<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ccYPw_HDRbQ/Vsl44evZX9I/AAAAAAAAC3s/L2U7WHLMCBY/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-02-21%2Bat%2B00.41.14.png>
 








 

> As the real index is growing very large, both styles are far from optimal. 
> Displaying generic index is a very important feature. I also like to have 
> Sub-Index on parent pages if there is no custom content on parent wikis. I 
> would also like to have that automatically if there is no explicit parent 
> wiki created.
>

I'm unsure what you mean by sub-index. I will take a guess at what I think 
you mean. Suppose the page Projects/Rss/Roadmap exists, but Projects/Rss 
does not. I think you mean that you would like Rss to be in the hierarchy, 
like the following:


<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kUX1gClxG0U/Vsl5uDZiDYI/AAAAAAAAC30/EJ1OJeifhYg/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-02-21%2Bat%2B00.46.19.png>


 







But since I get that result with Trac 1.0.10, I wonder what feature is 
missing?

 

> If you agree and there is no work-around, I would like to file this issue 
> as a Trac-ticket.
>
> Best regards,
> Mo
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Trac 
Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/trac-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to