Am Mittwoch, 21. September 2016 20:12:43 UTC+2 schrieb Peter Suter:

> Detailed step-by-step description of events:
> 1. The initial question is from web_ui.py about TICKET_VIEW.
> 2. The Permission System asks each policy about this in turn.
> 3. First it asks the privatetickets policy, which interjects (recursively
> calls):
>    "To answer that, I first need to know if TICKET_VIEW_REPORTER is
> available."
> 4. The Permission System again poses this new question to each policy in
> turn.
> 5. First it asks the privatetickets policy, which expected this and
> replies "None".
>     (This is not visible in the stack trace.)
> 6. Then it asks ReadonlyTicketsPlugin, which interjects:
>    "To answer that, I first need to know if TICKET_ADMIN is available."
> 7. The Permission System again poses this new question to each policy in
> turn.
> 8. First it asks the privatetickets policy, which interjects (recursively
> calls):
>    "To answer that I first need to know if TICKET_VIEW_REPORTER is
> available".
>
> And since 8. is exactly the same situation as 3. it continues in the same
> way forever.

So I am wondering if "patching" PrivateTicketsPolicy/check_permission would
do the trick: By adding "TICKET_ADMIN" to the list of "ignore permissions /
actions" the "mutual recursion" would stop, wouldn't it?

For me such a "patch fix" is absolutely ok; dropping the
PrivateTicketsPlugin is not. And I fear I am not of any help in tackling
"inherent problem with the design that was not foreseen."

(But I have the test system around for any tests you might want me to try
out, though. We are using Trac extensively here, so there is a strong will
to give back!)

regards,
Florian