On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:29 AM, RjOllos <rjol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 2:55:02 AM UTC-7, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

>> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModPython#Problemwithzippedegg
>
> I see. You won't need an egg cache dir if you install wheels. They are the
> future of Python packaging, and widely adopted, as is pip. Trac
> documentation is a bit old in catching up, but hope to get there by Trac
> 1.4.

But will mod_python find what it needs in a wheel if it does not find
it in a zipped egg file?

Of course, perhaps my mod_python is too old (oprnSUSE supplies 3.5.0).
My Apache config is:

<Location /systems>
   SetHandler mod_python
   PythonInterpreter main_interpreter
   PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
   PythonOption TracEnv /vol1/trac/systems
   PythonOption TracUriRoot /systems
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Systems"
   AuthUserFile /vol1/trac/access/systems/.htpasswd
   Require valid-user
</Location>

Maybe I have missed something so it finds Trac in a zipped file?

--
Roger Oberholtzer