On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Ryan Ollos <rjol...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Of course, perhaps my mod_python is too old (oprnSUSE supplies 3.5.0).
>> My Apache config is:
>>
>> <Location /systems>
>>    SetHandler mod_python
>>    PythonInterpreter main_interpreter
>>    PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
>>    PythonOption TracEnv /vol1/trac/systems
>>    PythonOption TracUriRoot /systems
>>    AuthType Basic
>>    AuthName "Systems"
>>    AuthUserFile /vol1/trac/access/systems/.htpasswd
>>    Require valid-user
>> </Location>
>>
>> Maybe I have missed something so it finds Trac in a zipped file?
>

> mod_python 3.5.0 is the latest.
> http://modpython.org/

That is the one I use.

> If you install the wheel it will be in the Python "site-packages" for your
> main interpreter and mod_python shouldn't need to be modifies in order to
> load it.
>
> Where is your egg-cache specified?
> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModPython#PythonEggCache

Hmm. I do not have this specified. Trac of course uses a cache, which
in my case is /vol1/trac/systems/.egg-cache (the default location).
But it does not contain Trac itself. Only the eggs that Trac uses.

It is only the Trac egg that is the problem. It is the only one that
Apache deals with. It is the only one that mod_python accesses. It
does find the Trac egg. It is just that if it is a zip file then it
seems not to find what it needs. If it is a directory in the same
exact location, then it is happy. As described in
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModPython#Problemwithzippedegg

--
Roger Oberholtzer