I have the same problem on my Debian Stretch box. I checked but I don't
have a setup.py that I can patch. I have installed:

ii  trac                                  1.2+dfsg-1
          all          Enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software
development projects

Is there a file I can patch to make it work while waiting for the 1.2.3?