On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 2:03 PM RjOllos <rjol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 6:52:31 AM UTC-8 Chris Nelson wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  I'll try that.  But I realize I'm going to need to also handle
>> links in the body of the notification (e.g., if a comment or ticket
>> description change includes a link).
>>

> I use SendGrid for my Trac development instances. How are the <a> elements
> formatted when click tracking is enabled? The emails I receive to gmail
> have a "data-saferedirecturl" attribute that looks like it might be related
> to the click tracking, but I don't know how click tracking works.

My email notifications come in with URLs that start like

    Ticket URL: <https://u10800165.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?

then wrap to four more lines which look like gibberish.  Clicking goes to
SendGrid, records my click, then redirects to Trac.  It'd be nice if
SendGrid let you turn off click tracking by API key so one defaulted to on
and another defaulted to off but I don't seem to be able to find that, if
it exists.

I've edited every instance of `ticket_notify_email.txt` on my server (even
just to change "URL" to "url") but the change doesn't show up on
notifications, even after restarting `tracd`.  My Trac admin skills are
really stale. :-(