Thanks for the clarification, but I gotta say, if it's just legacy
thinking... like... get over it dude! ;)

Seriously, I've been looking for a chance to use the server scope for
ages, but the projects I've been working on just haven't really
warranted it. I was helping someone with a container manager for
ColdSpring that would wire all your parent beanfactories together,
but there were issues with it based on how they had things set up
(because of their configuration, not because of the idea) and we
aborted just as it was getting done.

I wouldn't recommend using it frivolously, but hell, for the things
that you need it for, that's why it's there, yanno?