On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Stephen Moretti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I suspect its legacy thinking,  old habits and all that, dating back to the
> C++ versions of CF and prior to cflock and internal locking. Its a long time
> ago now, but I vaguely recall the server scope being even more flaky than
> application and session.  ~shrug~  I think it is as simple as that.

macromedia.com (and now adobe.com) uses server scope extensively and
always has (since the re-launch as a ColdFuion site in March 2001).

But then we never had experience with the pre-Java version...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood