On Di, 2008-06-24 at 13:24 -0400, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:03:52PM +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> >
> > Great! You can thank Nicolas, the friendly packager for Debian as far as
> > I know.
>
> I should send him a thank you email. :)

I think he is on this list - so he should see your thanks :-)

> > No - the directory layout under /var/lib/pootle should have the layout
> > of /var/lib/pootle/{projectcode} - Pootle relies on that. If the PO
> > files are in GNU style (one file per language, all in one directory),
> > they should lie in that directory. If you follow a structured layout
> > like KDE or the Pootle project that should already be there (one
> > subdirectory for each language), then each directory must correspond to
> > the languages registered on your server.
> >
> > The solution is easy though: So a checkout anywhere else on your system,
> > and just make a symbolic link to the correct (messages?) directory in
> > the checkout.
>
> Doh! Symlinks! Why didn't I think of that?
>
> Now that I've done that and have chosen "kde" instead of "default"
> from the dropdown when making the project, it looks great!

This is the style of the translations for the purposes of the quality
checks. I assume your software isn't really in the KDE style, so you
probably rather want to choose the default. (This just affects things
like the accelerator key and variable styles.)

> http://pootle.metalab.unc.edu/

I added it to our list of live servers. I hope it draws you some more
translators!

By the way, as a translator it would help me if you could split the big
file in some way. Perhaps putting the admin stuff separately from the
rest might help. Some of the strings have lots of whitespace in the
translations, but I guess they might be inherited from your templates.

Perhaps I can have a look later to add a translation myself. Can you add
Afrikaans to the mailman project?

Keep well
Friedel