Dwayne Bailey wrote:

> Regarding the RFE.  My concern about treating text more intelligently is
> that it can create problems.  The real solution is to get WordPress to
> use UTF-8 and we're sorted.

I can imagine that it can't be trivial to convert their PO creation
tools to change entities to Unicode (in the PO files) and back to
entities (from the PO files) again.

> A quick hack might be to allow a Pootle
> user to convert the string to proper text, behind the scene we store
> their translation with entities.

I prefer that a user has full control over what he types.  For example,
I wouldn't want Pootle to convert my apostrophes to ".  The best
solution for now, IMO, is to get the Wordpress people to put explanatory
notes in the PO file.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray