Dear Mike,

According to PROY-NOM-018-SCT1-1993 and PROY-NOM-019-SCT1-1993
they use A-law. An E1 interface standard draft was just issued(PROY stands
for Draft or Planned or Proposed) PROY-NOM-152-SCT1-1999.  This last
standards deals with such issues as CRC-4, connectors and impedance. The
former standards, that is PROY-NOM-018-SCTI-1993 and PROY-NOM-SCT1-1993 deal
with 2048 megabit protocol/coding issues and
analog coding issues respectively. Both have very long titles. If you are
interested
in how to locate these standards let me know and I will send you the details.
have translated the first 2 standards and have not yet started on the last
one.
However for the translations I would have to charge.

Regards

G. Rae Dulmage, B. Comm.,
President TelApprove Services Corporation
(613) 257 3015