You know when I read the reading today, I was actually hoping we would
discuss Romans 14.  Judgement is what we Christians like to do, we like to
pass judgement on issues that are really disputable and most of the time are
neither here nor there but because you have a bent towards something as an
individual you begin to walk in judgement concerning that thing.

I guess for me with the whole judgement issue I am trying more and more to
see where a person is coming from and the work that God is doing with them
whilst they are on their journey.

An example is I knew about a young lady who was fasting from cigarretes last
year during the Daniels fast and initially my thought was "how can you say
you are fasting cigarretes and you are a christian!".  But then I thought
again this girl has been through a rough patch and she is really going after
God with all she has.  For someone who would have seen her having a slice of
cake during the fast would have thought hmmmm  "cake during the Daniels".
But God was doing real surgery in her.  The testimony though is she got
totally delivered from her nicotine addiction after the fast! Guys I wish
you could see the growth in her now, I wish you could see what God has done
with her now.  During the last Dainels fast we had she followed all the
Daniels fast rules and she is just doing great.

That just taught me not to stand in judgement especially when I don`t know
the person well.

However when it is someone who I am leading or someone who is my peer I have
learnt to ask direct questions and even wound a person with the truth if
necessary.  The word says "Faithful are the wounds of a friend but an enemy
multiplies kisses".  So with people I know I try my best not to multiply
kisses and just be real.  I usually get a thank you sometime down the road.
But I guess we always need to assess the level of relationship before we go
ahead and rebuke, and sometime we may need to build up someone before you
offer a rebuke.

And remember always to be loving when you are speaking the truth like the
word says "speak the truth in love".  At times if you are not close to a
person and you give a rebuke you could destroy a relationship forever.



On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Milton Jiri <[email protected]> wrote:

> That's very true about judgement and the truth of the matter is we find
> ourselves, actually, I find myself doing it more than I ought to. I was
> really challenged by the word in romans today and I started praying to God
> about it and realized that some of the judging came out of bitterness and
> have now started praying for healing.
>
> What is causing your judgemental attitude? Pride, yu want to always be
> better?
> Inferiority? You feel inferior to everybody so now yu want to pull them
> down
> too?
>
> As for redirecting someone, I think what wex has suggested is cool but
> sometimes we have to then judge in love so that you can speak to that
> person
> straight up. We might end up leaving our friends to do beans coz we dnt
> wanna judge them.
>
> How do you tell a friend wu knows everything that they are messing up?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
> Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 5:16 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Daily Devotional
>
> 'Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful
> disputations.'Romans 14:1
> The greater part of Romans 14 talks about judgement, us the super
> Christians
> despising the weak Christians.
> As much as we might talk about this that its bad, we do it everyday and
> half
> the time uncounciously. When u just look at wat someone is wearing and say
> in ur heart zvinoita here kuchurch izvo, when u meet someone in an uncommon
> place for believers u hide but say in ur heart arikudei kuno uyo. When u
> see
> someone drinking his coke during a daniel's fast and u say dziri pafast
> here
> idzi the list of examples is endless.
> The bible is very clear about this. Whether someone has genuinely broken
> God's law, it is not ur duty to condemn them, if fact the word says there
> is
> therefore no condemnation to them who r in Christ. If Jesus himself
> forgives
> what of u, afterall its not even ur law.
> I believe our responsibility wen we see someone that has fallen is to help
> them reconcile with the creator. Again this is difficult coz u cannot just
> walk up to someone and say repent, i know u r a thief, they will probably
> react negatively.
> Ur best bet would be just affirming scripture. Do not identify wat they did
> unless they tell u or unless u r very close. Rather read a scripture that
> is
> liked to that issue and I am sure if it is in good faith, the holy spirit
> will convict them to repent.
>
> What do u guys think about this judgement issue?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "tribewithavibe" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "tribewithavibe" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.
>
>


-- 

....Loving God includes loving people.  You`ve got to love both. 1 John 4:21
(MSG)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to