On 13/04/13 12:15, Armworm wrote:
I hate to arrive an old thread, but I now agree with jxself, not
only for the reasons stated above, but for an entirely new reason.
The Creative Commons Licenses are actually non-free.

Virtually every one of the licenses, including the two free ones,
includes something similar to this sentence in a clause at the end
of section 4:

"...if You Reproduce, Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work either
by itself or as part of any Adaptations or Collections, You must not
distort, mutilate, modify or take other derogatory action in relation
to the Work which would be prejudicial to the Original Author's honor
or reputation."

I'd say that's a restriction on usage.

That's addressed in the CC FAQ:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_do_Creative_Commons_licenses_affect_my_moral_rights.2C_if_at_all.3F

It's not a restriction on usage, but instead on distribution.

Andrew.