@scdbackup
> Sorry, i did not yet find out how to mark code with indentation in this forum. Just simply use the tags between your commands (drop the space I have done in the tag to be displayed on the page).

Thank you all for your answers.

Of course HKR,
There is still the possibility of using GPG very easily to encrypt files and do a back up on a cd or dvd.

But when you have a whole folder filled with plenty of other folders or files, all you want to do is simply enter once a password and easily find the file you're looking for, or even open it from the software, just as you can do on a USB key or external HD encrypted with Luks.

GPG is ok for single files. But a folder needs to be zip compressed then encrypted with GPG. That means you'll have to copy the zip file somewhere on you hard drive or wherever and decompress it .

You can't use it for a whole DVD-R or even a CD-R because it's just too long.

@MangyDog

Yes, I already knew Tomb.
But I'm surprised that Tomb is not in our repository. It sould be.

After reading the man pdf of Tomb wibsite, the « engrave » command makes an image, but an image of the key that can be printed on paper and phisically
 stored as backup

I'm not sure Tomb could really read a optical disc written from an .iso file where a .tomb
This could be tested

I have tried to open the gencryptdvd script as described by Magic, but it doesn't want to open. I've placed the .sh in /home and used the Root Terminal to check if nothing was wrong : The ls command dispayed gencryptodvd-0.2.sh in green when I allowed the file in the propetities to be used as a program.
I haven't any « awk » warning,
I only have a « command not found »
adding a ./ before gencryptodvd makes an unexisting file warning.

I precise sudo package is already installed on my laptop.

I don't know if any of you succeed to make the script run.

There can be an alternative with this
http://ubuntuportal.blogspot.fr/2007/03/howto-encrypt-cddvds-in-ubuntu.html
there is an alternate version
http://www.upubuntu.com/2012/11/how-to-create-encrypted-cddvd-image.html

2 problems :
if you can find aespipe, you won't find loop-aes-utils, and mkisofs sould be remplaced by xorriso.
I tried this step :

As recommanded by scdbackup I did a

xorriso -as mkisofs

but only got this answer :

xorriso 1.3.2 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.

I started a

$ xorriso -r backup | aespipe -e aes256 > backup.iso

an got :

xorriso 1.3.2 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.

xorriso : FAILURE : Not a known command:  '-r'

xorriso : FAILURE : Not a known command:  'backup'

xorriso : aborting : -abort_on 'FAILURE' encountered 'FAILURE'
Password:

Maybe the begining of an answer ?