Since I'm blinded by your brilliance (at avoiding to present sources), please help me find actual proof of what you're saying about that EU bill. Because I still don't see a damn source.

Since you want to bring RMS in:
When people talk about punishing "hate speech", they advocate censorship of opinions. Censorship is dangerous to society and democracy. And I can't disagree with that, yet I'd tell him that unrestricted free speech is just as dangerous to society and democracy.
https://stallman.org/archives/2016-mar-jun.html#3_June_2016_%28Censorship_in_the_UK%29

And here's a source about that EU thing you're talking about:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/fundamental-rights/files/hate_speech_code_of_conduct_en.pdf

You remind me of that Demolition Man movie which is Manichean (and extreme) as possible, in freedom and its opposite.

It's all about balance, it's not all or nothing. It's contextual, not the same concept you apply "as is" any time, anywhere.

The   IT   Companies   also   share   the   European   Commission
's
and   EU   Member   States'
com
mitment to tackle illegal hate speech online. Illegal hate speech, as defined by the Framework Decision 2008/913/JHA of 28 November 2008 on combating certain forms and expressions of racism and xenophobia by means of criminal law and national laws
transpos
ing it, means all conduct publicly inciting to violence or hatred directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin. The IT Companies and the European Commis
sion  also
stress the need to defend the right to freedom of expression, which, as the European Court of Human Rights has stated, “is applicable not only to "information" or "ideas" that are
favourably received or regarded as inoffensive or as a matter of i
ndifference, but also to those
that offend, shock or disturb the State or any sector of the population”
.
1
This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. What matters is HOW they intend to do it.
That's the difference between theory (or good intentions) and practice.