I disagree. You cannot speak for every college student in the world because you visited a campus last month. You can't even speak for every college student on that campus!

This is not an all-or-nothing venture. If we got 1% of the students turned on to the Free Software Movement, whether or not they buy a computer, then that is a big accomplishment. Then each of those students will have some impact on those around them, and so on.

It is important to try and win. It is easy to say it is impossible and not even try. If we care about the Free Software Movement, we must try. My suggestion only costs time. In fact, you could have students running the tables at each University's student fairs.

Progress must start somewhere. If not there, then where. It is easy to say my idea won't work. Give an idea that you think will work.