I think you are missing my point entirely.

Trisquel is not about new features.

Trisquel is about taking care of your freedom.

So we have to wait 6 months for installing snappy packages, yeah so what? We have our freedom. Is not like we are gonna get a bunch of new programs.

Most of what I already do on Trisquel won't change with the new Trisquel, I will have the same GIMP, the same LibreOffice, the same Linux-libre Kernel, and so on.

Why is so important to have a new Trisquel? I just don't get it.

But even in the technical aspect, it is not even so important.

If you take the time to use Ubuntu 16.04 you will realize it is pretty bad. Lots of bugs. Many things working wost than ever. And like only 20 snappy packages available. Even the new Software application wasn't worth to install deb packages. It is just not worth it yet.

So even in the technical aspect is better to wait for a more stable distro than rush into new shiny, but worthless things.