I see a lot of people have upvoted this post. I can't say I understand why.

The thing is, t3g said exactly the same thing about both Trisquel 6 and Trisquel 7. In fact, both of these also arrived a lot later than some of us were expecting. To put it into perspective, the release prior to Trisquel 6 was Trisquel 5.5, and to my recollection, that version reached end-of-life only a couple days after Trisquel 6 was released. My understanding is that this conundrum is one of the major reasons why Trisquel releases based on Ubuntu STS stopped being made.

I do agree that it would be nice to occasionally make updated ISOs so that not as many updates are needed when you first install the system, but it's really not that big of a problem.

On a side note, regarding Debian, I was a user of Debian for a short while, but it just lacks the popular support Ubuntu has (e.g. from PPAs). So a variant of Ubuntu without proprietary software (which you partially have to manually sift through to avoid it in Ubuntu itself) is very useful for beginners and casual users, even if it's not the latest Ubuntu.

I also think that it would be far better to delay the release of Trisquel 8 a bit so that ARM can be supported by it, and thus make it possible to run it on the EOMA68-A20 computer card, if this is realistic. After all, we have a year and a half before the Ubuntu release that Trisquel 9 is going to be based on comes out, and a year after that before Trisquel 7 loses support. Getting Trisquel 8 out now is simply not urgent. Heck, Trisquel 8 could even be skipped (or re-based on Ubuntu 18.04) if necessary and that would cause little hardship, since it would still leave a year-long buffer. But if Trisquel ran on EOMA68 computers, that would make them far easier to use for beginners (Parabola is really not meant for casual users, Debian is not GNU FSDG and not quite as easy for beginners as Ubuntu), and that would be really helpful.