Hi arielenter, thank you for your suggestion. yes, before I got the GNOME Shell, I tried that and I had some trouble using it but I appreciate your idea. I may have to use it again if there's nothing else.Too bad I don't have as much memory as I did, the GNOME Shell was wonderful for accessibility.

I've seen your name in either the FSF room or the Trisquel room at IRC, when I used to go there. Since I read about the DDoS attacks on Freenode I've been afraid to go back. Some very nice people helped me in those rooms. I miss going there.