I typed my kids' names into a search engine every week or so during the MySpace era, talked loudly and obnoxiously about what I found, and made sure that my horrified then-teenagers knew that anyone else who knew even that much about them could find the same information.

It worked better for Griselda-Beatriz than it did for John, of course.

John, however, shared a name with an extremely dangerous escaped criminal at one point so I made sure he knew that and also that there are consequences to having common names and being mistaken for other Johns.

Griselda-Beatriz and John aren't my adult kids' real names, of course, but you get the point.