Thanks for the replies !

@SuperTramp83: I've noticed that sometimes in Trisquel 7 the key strokes are not identified. It's not because of the keyboard because it's not behaving similar in Trisquel 6 for example or any other OSes I've had on this machine. Also the feeling is like the system is not getting the IRQ. Beside that annoying thing that practically forces you to sometimes hit twice a key, the system also randomly freezez when performing some simple tasks. For example it froze when copying from a USB.

All those combined with my nostalgic personality makes me stick with 6.

I don't have data very very important it's just important for me. For example I always document a process when I'm doing it for the first time (exp. setting up SPF and DKIM), so the HDD it's full of these kind of howtos.

The behaviours described might be due to the fact I've selected the generic kernel during installation. I didn't found documentation on that topic so I've went with that option.

If Trisquel is not an option at this moment, what are your alternatives ?

Thank you !